Tuesday 17 September 2013

Jungle DIY


Nina and her mum went on a "Spice Tour" around one of the historic spice farms that have made Zanzibar so famous. They came back with some fantastic palm-made items. It didn't take long before my friend, kiteboarder Leo Holland and I stole them away for some fun and games!

hats

I took a liking to the mans leafy accessories, preferring the fez style hat and tie. Much to Leo's annoyance he got stuck with the flower necklace and halo style headdress made for woman, which of course I found hilarious!

hat2

This is the hat we pinched from Nina, then I stole from leo... it's an amazing piece of traditional craft work.

hat3

This is the more girlie version, that I forced poor Leo to wear :)

hat5

and this is his gangsta' style flower medallion.

hat4

My gorgeous ornate neck tie. It really is the only kind of tie that should be worn by anyone who works at the beach.

hat6

 Leo was totally unimpressed with my antics that day. What with me making him wear the girlie stuff,  then trying to act like some kind of amazonian warrior, jumping around and hollering, he was ready for a beer that evening. We were however both really impressed with the awesome amount of talent that went into making all these palm items, really cool, thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
  • The Beach Chic
  • +