Wednesday 31 July 2013

Making progress on the slack line

 _MG_1965

 In-between teaching and kite sessions I've been training on the slack-line. I brought one with me from the UK on my way here. After trying to do it for the first time, back at Colossal wake park in Fortaleza a few months ago, I decided that I would get it mastered. Well, at least try to get better! 

At the time I could barely stand on the line, let alone walk across it. I've got two friends involved, who now practice with me. Nina you already know and Leo, a lovely English guy who is here working at a kite school a little further up the beach. 

Together we make a good, fun slack-line training team.
 IMG_1936

It's been great fun, we've laughed and fallen lots but we're all improving huge amounts! It's so good for improving balance and strengthening your core muscle group. 

I'm now getting to the point where I'm good enough to try out some yoga poses on the line, each try I can hold them for a little longer. It's great to be able to see a daily improvement.

IMG_1937

I laughed so much the other day whilst Leo was on the line. We were messing around and trying to think of new things to try out, when he's suddenly piped up that he had something awesome he could do.

 He stopped took a moment to steady himself and then with such a serious look on his face he stepped up on the line. Raised his right arm up to shoulder height, put his left hand on his hip, then leaned so far to the side that he fell off.

I cracked up, big time, laughing and laughing. "Oh my god. Leo, did you just do a teapot?!" I asked. He broke into a giant smile "I knew you'd get it!". We called Nina over "Girl you've got to see this it's so funny!" Leo jumped up and pulled a perfect teapot. 

We both turned to Nina in that kind of ta-dah way, who just look at us dumbstruck "I don't get it?" she said. Which just made us laugh even more... apparently knowing the teapot must just be a British thing.


More pics (like always) at Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/95525879@N05/sets/72157634671786894/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
  • The Beach Chic
  • +