Saturday 8 June 2013

Why I love choose Havaianas

flipflopskate

I have a bad habit of loosing my shoes... When I gets to a place be it the beach; a restaurant or friends house one the first things I do is take off my shoes...

 I kind of do it without thinking and it's a habit  that has lead me to loose many pairs of shoes and flip flops over the years! 

FlipFlops

It happened again this week so a trip to the Havaiana store in Fortaleza was in order to pick a new pair of flip flops.

Havaianas are an item of essential beach wear for any fashion conscious beach chic and are perhaps one of the most famous brands to ever come from Brazil.

flipflops6


Another reason to love Havianas is that the company are environmentally conscious. 

The company has donated over $1 millions USD to the Brazilian environment agency IPE and regularly donate to Conservation International a private organization dedicated to protect the threatened Brazilian marine ecosystem.

Something that is close my heart as I spend so much time on and in the water!


flipflops2


From 1960 to 2013 they have been leading the world in funky beach footwear. 

Havaianas made their first pair of flip flops back in 1962, inspired by Japanese sandals made from straw and fabric; Zori. 

Which is the reason behind the trademark textured rice pattern on the soles. 

flipflops4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
  • The Beach Chic
  • +