Thursday 25 April 2013

English girl with a Brazilian heart



Preparing for an upcoming trip to the UK has got me thinking about my home country and all the beautiful places I can go and visit again. Lisdisfarne Castle is just a short drive from my mums house. Lisdisfarne castle is situated on Holy Island, the birth place of Christianity in the UK. The island is accessed by a causeway which is covered at high tide.


holyisland2

The hut is situated along the causeway incase people get trapped in their cars by the fast rising waters. At least 6 cars a year get washed out to see, it´s not just in Ceara that this happens!!


I love keeping in touch with all the traditions I grew up with and that includes horse riding. Here I am with my aunt (left) and cousin (right) at a hunt meet. 

278769_10150954799757691_851748638_o
 I was fourtunate to join the only Hawk Hunt in the UK, thats me riding the bay horse in the bottom left of the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
  • The Beach Chic
  • +